Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have bad body odour as part of IBS?What causes it and what can i do to lessen it or fix it.I have heard comments like "He is really Off Today".I am sure they mean me.Because other people also make similar comments when I am around and some hold their noses.Extremely embarrassing and stressful.I do use a deodrant but its not helping much.Thanks for your help. Stephen.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I don't think bad body odor is a symptom of IBS, and I do not have that problem, but I thought I would suggest that you try using powder , along with your deodorant.Do you perspire a lot ?If so , you can go to any dermatologist, or dr, and get a prescription for a topical solution known as Drysol. I am not sure how it works exactly, but my husband uses it, and it seems to lessen the sweating of his underarms, and feet. All you have to do is rub it on the area, once a day.It is just a suggestion.Good luck to you, hope this helps.Jeanne

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I don't think bad body odor is a symptom of IBS, and I do not have that problem, but I thought I would suggest that you try using powder , along with your deodorant.Do you perspire a lot ?If so , you can go to any dermatologist, or dr, and get a prescription for a topical solution known as Drysol. I am not sure how it works exactly, but my husband uses it, and it seems to lessen the sweating of his underarms, and feet. All you have to do is rub it on the area, once a day.It is just a suggestion.Good luck to you, hope this helps.Jeanne

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Is the problem coming from gas that you pass? Perhaps you don't even realize that you pass it and you haven't a clue as to how bad it might smell. If so go to the gas and bloating forum , there are threads posted there on the problem as well as on this forum. The problem stinks and so far I haven't found an answer, neither has anyone else but we are still hoping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.