Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I don't think they are really connected with IBS, but I've had problems around my rectum area ever since I got IBS. Fissures, hemmies, and I got my first boil down there a month ago. I think it has a lot to do with straining, sitting so long on the toliet, wiping so much. Not 100% about that with the boils, since I've only had one. But I know they are just SO horrible. Mine is still healing, and is still sore and it broke open over a month ago. I hope to never get one again!Jennifer

·
Registered
133 Posts
ugh i hate the word boils! i've had them so much...and each time it disgusts me even more! They are so nasty and painful, it certainly takes my mind off the pain in my stomach though
i've always wondered too if they are connected to IBS somehow because of the number of times i've gotten them, it just seems a little odd for it to happen so often and have no apparent reason. I wish i had an answer for you, so good luck finding one! - Claire

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Boils are caused by an infection usually from staphylococcus bacteria that begins in the hair follicle and bores into the skin's deeper layers. Risk factors: Poor nutrition, illenss that has lowered resistance, diabetes mellitus and the use of immunosuppressive drugs.They are very contagious. Laboratory culture of the pus is needed to identify the germ.Linda

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I used to get them when I was a child from time to time usually behind knees and on the inside of my arms in front of the elbows. My mom would soak it in warm water, remove the pus if it would budge and apply Black Salve and a bandage. Never knew what caused them when I got them. Thank goodness I don't get them as an adult.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In the last 6 months I've had 3 down in that area but kinda toward the inside of my leg. I assumed it was an ingrown hair or something. Now this puts a new spin on my thinking. They took forever to go away and were very sore and tender. Soaking in hot water, using sea breeze and then neosporin seemed to help. I am due to see my Rhumatologist next month and will mention it to her as I am taking immunosuppressive drugs for Lupus. ALF

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't know about boils, but food sensitivity can cause hives. Here is a book that describes all the details for lay peopleFOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICATIONAND TREATMENT�, Professor Jonathan Brostoff (M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and EnvironmentalMedicine, Kings� College, London) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903 This company has a food sensitivity blood test and treatmentwww.nowleap.comSome other symptoms of food sensitvitiy in addition to IBS are congestion, migraines, muscle aches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.