Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually purchased and used this book? Do the receipies actually help? I have IBS/D with severe cramping. I would like to know if this book can provide me any releif through my diet? Thanks in advance.
Eating for IBS : 175 Delicious, Nutritious, Low-Fat, Low-Residue Recipes to Stabilize the Touchiest Tummyby Heather Van Vorous

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
An additional source which can be combined with the info in heather's book to spped things along at arriving at a diet which is specific for your personal needs is"FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903 This book can explain in detail the ins and outs of different mechanisms of how diet can afect the body, and how to differentiate food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances, and how each applies to generating your symptoms.This can help customize the fundamental dietary recommmendations that heather makes further if need be, to you personal profile.Another good adjunct overall in the managment of IBS ina n integrative fashion is:IBS: A DOCTORS PLAN FOR CHRONIC DIGESTIVE TROUBLESBy Gerard Guillory, M.D.; Vanessa Ameen, M.D.; Paul Donovan, M.D.; Jack Martin, Ph.D. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...9085785-1742301 If one is armed with the information in the referenced books, including Heathers, one increases the chances of getting the best posible results.Eat well. Think well. be wellMNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
An additional source which can be combined with the info in heather's book to spped things along at arriving at a diet which is specific for your personal needs is"FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903 This book can explain in detail the ins and outs of different mechanisms of how diet can afect the body, and how to differentiate food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances, and how each applies to generating your symptoms.This can help customize the fundamental dietary recommmendations that heather makes further if need be, to you personal profile.Another good adjunct overall in the managment of IBS ina n integrative fashion is:IBS: A DOCTORS PLAN FOR CHRONIC DIGESTIVE TROUBLESBy Gerard Guillory, M.D.; Vanessa Ameen, M.D.; Paul Donovan, M.D.; Jack Martin, Ph.D. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...9085785-1742301 If one is armed with the information in the referenced books, including Heathers, one increases the chances of getting the best posible results.Eat well. Think well. be wellMNL

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all so much for your help. I just about cry every time I think there might be some type of relief from this pain. I might actually have a normal life.
I'll try not to get too excited though, since I've run into many dead ends.I hope this book and the others suggested help. I am so excited. I can't wait to get the book and change my life.Thanks and God Bless!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all so much for your help. I just about cry every time I think there might be some type of relief from this pain. I might actually have a normal life.
I'll try not to get too excited though, since I've run into many dead ends.I hope this book and the others suggested help. I am so excited. I can't wait to get the book and change my life.Thanks and God Bless!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.