Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides having stones in my gallbladder and acid reflux. The doctors told me that my bowl twists itself into knots, cutting off the blood supply to it and part of it starts to die from being cut off, but it has a hard time untwisting itself taking hours (3-24) causing terrible spasms.....anybody else have this problem? What do they do for it?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Blues, He knows this is what happens??? What tests did he perform to discover this? Bowels in such severe spasm that they would cut off circulation sounds like NOT typical IBS. An anti-spasmodic med would help perhaps. HAs he prescribed any? But this particular symptom may require more investigation?BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Blues, He knows this is what happens??? What tests did he perform to discover this? Bowels in such severe spasm that they would cut off circulation sounds like NOT typical IBS. An anti-spasmodic med would help perhaps. HAs he prescribed any? But this particular symptom may require more investigation?BQ

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
My colon does this also, but only when I am stressed. I can almost feel it "knot up" preventing any stool from passing. I have tried anti-spasmodics, but they don't help. The only thing that helps is to "de-stress" myself (not an easy thing to do) Some things that help are: 1. A long relaxing bath2. Apply a heating pad to the affected area (for me it is my lower left side)3. Take a walk4. Do stretching exercises, especially side to sides to try undo the knot.5. When all else fails, try to get some sleep. When sleeping the "knots" seem to "relax".

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
My colon does this also, but only when I am stressed. I can almost feel it "knot up" preventing any stool from passing. I have tried anti-spasmodics, but they don't help. The only thing that helps is to "de-stress" myself (not an easy thing to do) Some things that help are: 1. A long relaxing bath2. Apply a heating pad to the affected area (for me it is my lower left side)3. Take a walk4. Do stretching exercises, especially side to sides to try undo the knot.5. When all else fails, try to get some sleep. When sleeping the "knots" seem to "relax".

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried antispasmatics and they do not work at all. I have an appointment with a surgen next month to see what they think. This has been a long investigation they are not positive this is what it is but by my symptoms they think it could be a possibility! I dunno!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried antispasmatics and they do not work at all. I have an appointment with a surgen next month to see what they think. This has been a long investigation they are not positive this is what it is but by my symptoms they think it could be a possibility! I dunno!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.