Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Doctor. I am 13 and I am progressively getting better from IBS, in my opinion but on Saturday I only went a little than on Sunday I didn't go and Monbday I went a little, Tuesday didn't go and yesterday went a little now I still didn't go. I used to go like everyday for about a month and I was getting better. I used to squat on the computer cause it was the only way for me to go so I was wondering is squatting there and waiting something weird or do bowel movements have to come naturally because my parents said its unnatural to be in a "position" and WAIT for yourself to go. I don't know and I am really scared because at least than i knew that would help me go but now I am not going anymore...and i cant relate any bloating or gas, food problems with it. the really bad thing that worries me is that I feel that i dont have to go at all i mean i feel really good, even better than when i did when i DID go... :S please help doctor

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The normal frequency of bowel movements is from 3 a day to 3 a week, so it is not necessary to go every day.You may want to look at how much fiber you eat and how much water you drink. It takes both fiber and water to make stools of suffient volume and softness to be passed easily.Some cultures do not normally sit, but squat so it is hard for me to belive that spending some time every day squatting (feet flat on floor, legs bent and butt near the feet). Some people believe that this does make one more regular (many people who do Yoga or Tai Chi which are commonly practiced in cultures that squat all the time) think it is a good thing to do...so I don't think it will hurt you, and it may make you feel better.Kathleen Mottus, PhD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.