Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Sometimes things that promise to cure everything tend to be things that don't really have the ability to treat anything. the sites I saw pretty much listed all disorders that are chronic and often not treated effectively.
quote:WHAT IS IT?THE BOWEN TECHNIQUE is a soft tissue manipulation therapy that is applied to the muscles, tendons and ligaments of the body very gently and with minimum pressure. No one â€" perhaps not even Tom Bowen, the techique’s Australian creator â€" has fully understood how the moves work, although it is thought that the unaccumstomed stimulation they cause, may lead the brain to investigate the area and release any tension.
Doesn't give me a lot of hope for this. When no one even understands it??? http://www.thebowentechnique.com/content/asthma.htmHowever sometimes even when a technique has no hope of actually treating anything a healer that is skilled in the psychosocial interactions that make patients heal on their own can get good results. Not because they make it work, but because their bedside manner works well for patients. Various massage therapy/energy work type things do work for some people, but I'm not sure any of them have real proof they cure or even treat IBS.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.