Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i go to the bathroom and make a bowl movement, there is this white mucas like around it, my cousin who is a RN says thats a symtom of IBS. Also, is it true that when you get ur period it gets worser?. It seems to happen to me alot, my OB/GYN told me to go on birth control, which i have at my house now and in a few days i will be on it, what do you guys think of this situation? thanks melissa, email me mmb3299###aol.com

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Your colon doesn't have alot of options as to what to do when it is bothered by something.The main one is add mucus to it to 1) bind up whatever is bother the colon and 2) lubricate things so the get out easier.Kinda like your nose clogs up with mucus whether it is a cold or allergies. There isn't a wide range of response.A lot of people with IBS have mucus, but it isn't diagnostic, it could be other things so if you haven't gone to be diagnosed going to the doctor would be a good thing.For some people the time around there period makes it worse, for a few it gets better. It is probably worth taking the pill and seeing if it helps or not.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Your colon doesn't have alot of options as to what to do when it is bothered by something.The main one is add mucus to it to 1) bind up whatever is bother the colon and 2) lubricate things so the get out easier.Kinda like your nose clogs up with mucus whether it is a cold or allergies. There isn't a wide range of response.A lot of people with IBS have mucus, but it isn't diagnostic, it could be other things so if you haven't gone to be diagnosed going to the doctor would be a good thing.For some people the time around there period makes it worse, for a few it gets better. It is probably worth taking the pill and seeing if it helps or not.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.