Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have know of the BRAT diet for a long time. I know Bananas, Rice & Toast, but I thought (which I still think) the A is for Applesauce. But someone recently (who does not have IBS) said "No, A is for Apples". So which is it? At least I know from my personal experience that apples have messed me up, at times when I wasn't even having D.Thankx

·
Registered
620 Posts
applesauce. fruits and veggies are kinder to the gut when cooked. Certain components are broken down when cooked and made more digestable. Watch out for sweetened applesauce if you're buying it instead of making it.... sugar can be bad for d in some people.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Vegas Cinny
Applesauce.. Hey where have you been?? You have been missed.. I still want to thank you for showing me this site almost a year ago!! It has been a great help to me and Hubby Thanks Again Sheila

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey sheila! You know, I had thought that was you quite a few months ago, by your name, but wasn't sure. I'm glad you've found it useful, it really is! I've actually been around, lurking once in a while. But I had been on the Great Lotronex until they pulled it off, & had been doing extremely well on it. So didn't really need to visit quite as much. Now, of course, I will be checking in more often!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts