Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I put a message somewhere (on other boards can't keep them straight) and I had suggested to someone in the middle of a flareup who couldn't eat very much. I suggested the BRAT diet (worked for me) But think I put B for bread WRONG Here is the real one B - Bananas R - Rice A - applesauce T - toast. Sorry

G

·
Be careful with bananas. They cause major constipation in me. I also know quite a few other people that have this problem. Also be careful of white bread for toast. I would recommend some type of grain bread and also brown rice. White rice may cause a problem.

G

·
I would recommend people be very careful with wheat bread though. Many people are allergic to it and they don't even know it. I really affects my IBS.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I love Banana's, but can't eat them. They give me such horrible abdominal pains. I also try to avoid anything with wheat. As irritable Andy stated, wheat is not kind with my IBS. Keep'n on------Donna-----

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.