Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone its been about a year since i was last on here,so if there is anything new out there please let me know lol.well i use to be in so so much pain mostly first thing in morn,you all know the feeling the hot sweats the stomach craps,not being 30 secs from a toilet.Since then tho my situation has improved some what,yes i still have off days but they r no where near as bad as before.How have i made my situation better well i took the plunge and started taking immodium every nite and morn.something i put of for two years as for some reason i was scared of takin immodium every day !! but it has improved my life gratelly.I also take extra immodium if i have a day or nite out planned.This along with calcium tablets and a change of diet have made my life so much easier.My question is what to have for breakfast,i avoid wheat and dairy products and im planning on starting a diet soon and wondered what other people on a limited diet had for breakfast.Many thanks for reading

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi there, The diet i am currently on is pretty limiting, and i found breakfast the hardest meal to think of something substantial to eat,, but i eat an omellete for breaky now days which tends to sit well, with cheese, capsicum, tomota or ham. I found everything else just makes me rush to the toilet...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine is very limited as well, but I can usually handle a protein bar in the morning. Gives you a decent amount of protein, carbs, and calories just in case it's going to be a while before you can eat again.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's tricky for me. I'm not on a special diet. I just eat what makes me less sick. I found that If I eat too early in the morning (I get up at 6am) or to late in the morning my stomach aches.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There isn't any need to eat different foods at breakfast then you do the rest of the day. If you have foods you do well with the rest of the meals you can just make a bit extra at dinner and reheat that for breakfast.If you tolerate rice you can always make a hot cereal out of it the next morning by heating it with a bit of milk (or rice milk) and whatever sweetener you tolerate. If you just can't face eating something that doesn't look like a breakfast food at breakfast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts