Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing the diet that is suggested in the above book , by elaine gotschall.You can get this book from the library. I have been on it for a month and already notice a difference. It is basically , no wheat , no dairy, except for some cheeses and you make your own yogurt. No grains and no sugar, honey as a substitute. There is a web site you can go to it is www. scdiet.com thanks

G

·
this sounds like it could be a good book. Does she say much about ibs-d and ibs-d. diets are different for different people and most book like this don't distinguish.tom

G

·
this sounds like it could be a good book. Does she say much about ibs-d and ibs-d. diets are different for different people and most book like this don't distinguish.tom

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The book says it is good for chrone's disease, ulcerative colitis,diverticulitis,celiac disease, cystic fibrosis and chronic diarrhea, I have had surgery for chrones, and I also have ibs. The diet is very strict. I read the book 2 years ago , and as quick as i read it I put in down. I thought there is no way i can do this diet. But I went to the chrones bulletin board and saw so many people on it. I thought i would try. The book states that if you do not feel a difference within 30 days , then the diet is not for you. I thought 30 days is not a long time to try something, for a problem i have had for 18 years now. The book can be obtained from the library , so it does not cost you anything.I can give you an example of what my eating habits can be for a day. Breakfast2 scrambled eggs with chedder or swiss cheesesnack real peanut butter cake which i bake myselflunch chicken and carrots dinnerpiece of porkand green beans and you can have alot of fruit and vegtablesbut you have to be careful at the beginning of the diet especially if you have diarrhea, I would hardly ever attempt to eat fruits before this diet. I believe it is the combination of foods that allow you to eat the fruits. fruits I eat are strawberries nectarines,very ripe bananas , with brown spots on them.plums and pears. The fruit should be riped and peeled.I mix it with the homemade yogurt. I am not saying that i am cured , far from it. What I am saying is the re is a change in the volume of gas. and bathroom habits, also a feeling that it is really helping. If you have any other questions just ask.It is worth trying for the 30days to see if there is a difference. I am now in my approximately 5th week, and i am not going to stop this diet. Thanks carmela

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The book says it is good for chrone's disease, ulcerative colitis,diverticulitis,celiac disease, cystic fibrosis and chronic diarrhea, I have had surgery for chrones, and I also have ibs. The diet is very strict. I read the book 2 years ago , and as quick as i read it I put in down. I thought there is no way i can do this diet. But I went to the chrones bulletin board and saw so many people on it. I thought i would try. The book states that if you do not feel a difference within 30 days , then the diet is not for you. I thought 30 days is not a long time to try something, for a problem i have had for 18 years now. The book can be obtained from the library , so it does not cost you anything.I can give you an example of what my eating habits can be for a day. Breakfast2 scrambled eggs with chedder or swiss cheesesnack real peanut butter cake which i bake myselflunch chicken and carrots dinnerpiece of porkand green beans and you can have alot of fruit and vegtablesbut you have to be careful at the beginning of the diet especially if you have diarrhea, I would hardly ever attempt to eat fruits before this diet. I believe it is the combination of foods that allow you to eat the fruits. fruits I eat are strawberries nectarines,very ripe bananas , with brown spots on them.plums and pears. The fruit should be riped and peeled.I mix it with the homemade yogurt. I am not saying that i am cured , far from it. What I am saying is the re is a change in the volume of gas. and bathroom habits, also a feeling that it is really helping. If you have any other questions just ask.It is worth trying for the 30days to see if there is a difference. I am now in my approximately 5th week, and i am not going to stop this diet. Thanks carmela

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.