Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I brush my teeth now this aggravates my stomach I have IBS-C and have taken xiaflaxan which does not work at all It keeps me up at night and stomach is distended like pregnant I brush in the morning I am worried that the plac or gum disease is affecting my stomach I only brush in the morning I try not to swallow I have acid reflux too Anyone shared similar experiences

·
Registered
490 Posts
Interesting! I don't have this problem but it prompted me to look at my toothpaste tube and there's a whole list of artificial stuff and sweeteners- maybe you have an allergy to some?You could try a natural toothpaste. My friend uses one 'Usana True Health' natural toothpaste with no additives.Or use a Miswak! (sewak al-falah), available from Asian shops. It's made from the root of the peelu tree and is antiseptic so you don't need toothpaste. You chew the end and it turns into a soft brush. It's said to be better than conventional brushes as it flosses as you use it. I don't use mine all the time but when I do my teeth feel much shinier!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.