Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to quit smoking and two of the ingredients found in the product that I want to use are buckthorn bark and cascara sagrada. It stated on the label that if you have loose stools that these roots might enhance that and cause more problems. I need to know if it would do the same to someone with IBS? I know that caffeine is the main cause of my IBS, so if I cut caffeine out while taking this product, would that make a difference? Please get back to me as soon as you can. I can't quit smoking on my own. Thanks, Stacie

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Cascara Sagrada is used as a laxative and it may loosen up the stools in anyone IBS or not. How it would effect you is hard to predict. If you tend to have loose stools to start with, I suspect this product may make that worse. If you tend to constipation it may ease the contsipation, but since it is a stimulatory laxative generally you shouldn't use it often for extended periods of time.I do not know how well the herbal help you stop smoking products work compared to nicotine gums and patches that do have a fairly well studied track record.The nicotine in them should effect you the same way the nicotine in the cigarettes does.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.