Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gazing through a local paper this morning and found this article...'IBS sufferer swears by buffalo milk' "The 47-year-old legal assistant, said: "I had a number of tests and was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). It has symptoms which include bloating, stomach cramps, wind diarrhoea and constipation and I was experiencing some of them which caused a lot of discomfort."That's how it was left until later I read about food sensitivity tests and decided I'd take one. I found a company which did them and changed my diet according to the results. The change was amazing, my problems disappeared."Ms Long discovered she had a sensitivity to casein, a protein found in all milk, except buffalo milk.She added: "When I found that out I wondered where on earth I'd get it, I'd never heard of buffalo milk, then I discovered Waitrose stocked it."It's more expensive than cows' milk but it's worth every penny. It looks just like cow's milk and has the same consistency, it just tastes a bit more creamy. It was odd at first but now it's cows' milk that tastes funny to me."I just want to make people aware. I'm sure there are a lot of people with IBS symptoms and they don't know why they've got them. I'm not saying it's all because of casein or they shouldn't go to their GP first but people should really consider a food sensitivity test as another avenue.It's a shame I wasn't offered one in the first place as it would have saved the NHS a lot of unnecessary procedures which were a complete waste of time."And buffalo milk has less cholesterol and fat so I've lost a few pounds now, my figure's pretty trim. It just goes to show, you are what you eat."

·
Registered
312 Posts
i know the only dairy i can eat is cheese while all others cause problems but also i need to avoid some cheeses as well like ricotta, cottage or cream cheesebut i hear raw milk is speical and people can drink it even if they can't handle any other milk products. have you ever tried raw milk before? but anyways buffalo milk sounds really good :(also here is my most recent post for a diet on treating IBS-D it can be found at this link just scroll down till you see my posthttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=123584and ya i agree with your food senseitivity because i am fully cured of IBS-D as long as i stick to this dietone thing your off on though is where you saidAnd buffalo milk has less cholesterol and fat so I've lost a few pounds.your loseing weight because your eating healthy not because your eating less fat and cholesterol take the eskimos for example they eat a diet of up to 80% fat and loads of saturated animal fats yet there body fat% is only 11% they are all very lean and they have 0% heart disease and 0% type 2 diabetes they are healthy because they eat healthywhile about 40-50% of americans will suffer a heart attack compaired to 0% of eskimosheres where the lie about saturated fat startedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4...feature=relatedand heres how cholesterol workshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awA2fsa94MI...player_embeddedso now that you know cholesterol is healthy haveing high cholesterol is good as long as its the good types of cholesterol like large healthy fluffly LDL that doesnt get stuck or turn rancid *note* a total cholesterol test does not show how much of your LDL is the large healthy fluffy type but you need a full pannel to see that and also note after eating healthy it takes a good 6 months to filter out bad small dense LDL cause your HDL recycles your LDL. but cholesterol should not be your worry because what causes much more heart disease and problems is glucose and other forms of sugarand western cultures food has stuff like this added into ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwVAkrHLq4...=rec-r2-2r-4-HM
Hope this info helps you God bless

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.