Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sometimes our bums just get really raw, from all the BMs and wiping. Hemmies and fissures can also be factors.Some people like to use premoistened wipes. Just be sure they don't have alcohol in them, or they will be more drying. I like cottenelle TP with aloe

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi Isobel1976,I have asked many times about burning BM's on this board, with not too much help. Just went to my GI dr and he said I have anusitis. It's more than just the exterior skin, but inflamation just inside the anus. When I pass a BM it burns for a few minutes and irritates the skin, inside and out. Is this what you have? I do have a hemorrhoid but he said it's the irritated skin not the "rhoid". I do not have true D or C. BM is somewhat normal, maybe just a little soft. I thought it may have something to do with diet or something toxic in the stool that makes it irritate the anus. Doctor has no explanation. I also have the same burning in the vagina (if this is related). So far, I have just been given steroid type creams, foam and suppositories as if you were treating hemorrhoids. I was also told to use Baby A & D ointment or Balmex on the outside as a wetness barrier. The problem is quite chronic. I read on a website by a famous colon surgeon that there is a product called anurex. it's a type of plastic suppository that you freeze and insert daily to "ice" down the inflamation. Haven't tried one yet, wondering if anyone else knows about this or has tried one.I wonder if Kmottus, Eric or anyone has info on anusitis????Tania

·
Registered
131 Posts
It could be caused by dairy products, recipes with tomato, spicy food, acidic fruits or alcohol. I notice burning whenever I eat those foods. I've had IBS for 10 years so I'm pretty familiar with what foods cause what. Excessive wiping will also contribute to the problem. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
maybe its bile. it should be reabsorbed by the colon. are your stools yellow? yellow is bile and brown is the color bile turns when bacteria break things down. my thought is a irritable colon doesn't let the stool move slowly and doesn't give the colon a chance to reabsorb bile. In D type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts