Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for years, with symptoms changing and coming and going. They have been back pretty consistently for about 18 months now. I do have good weeks and bad weeks, and cant seem to find any triggers or consistency with my pain. That is the most annoying part.My symptoms seem to be different than many describe. I dont have diarrhea, and I dont have typical constipation. I think I have a motility problem, because I can go every day, but dont have urges. I basically just have to make time and go sit every day until I go.Pain is my MAIN symptoms. I get a dull crampy ache in the center lower abdomen, that radiates to the sides, and REALLY radiates into my lower back muscles. (It feels like I need a deep muscle massage on my lower back to relieve the pain). I also am tender when I press on my lower left side of my sigmoid colon, where I also feel a lumpy ropelike area (doctors say this is normal??)Also, I get this burning crampy pain, which occurs alot AFTER a BM. Its hard to describe. It feels like an ulcer would feel, except its NOT in my stomach but rather in my lower abdomen and back. When this pain is at its worst, its usually for about 2-3 hours, then slowly subsides. Anyone have any advice? I have tried everything for my pain- nothing works. I have tried Bentyl, Levbid, NuLev, etc. I am about at my wits end. The only thing I can do when this pain comes is curl up in a ball. It sucks when its in the middle of the day...how can you work???Thanks for reading this. I jst feel so depressed. When I have a week or when I feel good, I get so hopeful, then BAM- pain is back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just read your message after I had posted an enquiry about pain being worse after bowel movement. I am mainly D but it doesn't matter if my stools are normal Pain is my worse symptom - I also ahve fibromyalgia - do you ahve that too?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES! I also have Fibromyalgia!I always wonder what is causing what and what is related.... I wish our bodies were tranparent so I could see what the heck was going on in there.What is your pain like after your BM?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,I am IBS D and also suffering from Fibromyalgia. I found your post interesting as I suffer with pain from both conditions and like you find that it is worse after a BM. I am not a medical person so this is just my thoughts on it. I wonder in myself whether with the Fibromyalgia causing sore & weak muscles it is the effort within the body that is used during a BM that causes the pain. I have D with strong spasms so think that maybe that aggarvates the Fibromyalgia, could be the same with C because it's a strain on your body.Like I said just my opinion but thought it was worth mentioning. I may be way off base, I am newly diagnosed so am still finding my way with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.