Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS-D and diverticulosis.For the past week I've been experiencing a burning pain with tenderness in the lower right side of my abdominal area.I've read that diverticulitis occurs mainly along the left side....so I wonder, can it occur on the right side as well? Or is it just the IBS causing the discomfort? Anyone else with this problem? I'm wondering if it might have something to do with my appendix?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dear WellwisherDiverticulosis is primarily found on the left, but can also occur on the right. That's where they found it on me. Most doctors overlook the fact that it can occur on the right and so don't consider it all the time on complaints of right sided pain. I had a terrible time with the pain until I swore off all seeds, nuts and hard foods (raw carrots, celery, etc.). The doctors will tell you over and over again that diverticulosis on it's own cannot cause pain, but I disagree with them on that. As to whether or not this pain in your right side has to do with your appendix, that's really for your doctor to have a look at. With appendix problems, they can usually figure it out by just pressing on your belly (if you go through the roof, it's your appendix). Hope this pain resolves on it's own.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dear WellwisherDiverticulosis is primarily found on the left, but can also occur on the right. That's where they found it on me. Most doctors overlook the fact that it can occur on the right and so don't consider it all the time on complaints of right sided pain. I had a terrible time with the pain until I swore off all seeds, nuts and hard foods (raw carrots, celery, etc.). The doctors will tell you over and over again that diverticulosis on it's own cannot cause pain, but I disagree with them on that. As to whether or not this pain in your right side has to do with your appendix, that's really for your doctor to have a look at. With appendix problems, they can usually figure it out by just pressing on your belly (if you go through the roof, it's your appendix). Hope this pain resolves on it's own.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I only have IBS-D (as if that weren't enough
) I frequently have lower right side burning and discomfort. This will come and go. Normally when I have it I feel it for several days or weeks. Then it will subside.Karl

·
Registered
428 Posts
I only have IBS-D (as if that weren't enough
) I frequently have lower right side burning and discomfort. This will come and go. Normally when I have it I feel it for several days or weeks. Then it will subside.Karl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.