Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. This is my first topic on this site, so I'm sorry if it's not posted in the right place or if I'm somehow doing this wrong.Well, I have had IBS for about 8 months now, was diagnosed 6 months ago. And I have all the "normal" symptoms that follow IBS. But once in a while I get this burning sensation in my stomach after eating, and it goes on for 3 hours or more. And it leaves me paralyzed in bed because it hurts so bad.It happened to me last night when I had just gotten home from a birthday party where I had eaten some red meat, like 3 bites of it. Red meat is one of my tricker foods and I usually don't eat it, but I have eaten just a little bit of it in the past (special occasions and when I know I have the day off the next day) without it burning like that.Is this an IBS symtom? Or is this something different, if so do you know what it might be?Thank you in advance! ElísabetP.s. I'm sorry if my spelling or grammar is wrong, I'm Icelandic.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS pain can be any type of pain including burning.However if the pain was high in the abdomen (up by the chest where the stomach is, or even up into the chest where the esophagus is, that could indicates some gastritis--inflammation of the stomach) or Acid reflux (when acid gets up into the esophagus where it doesn't belong).Fattier foods (and red meat is fattier than things like skinless chicken breast) can set off Acid reflux in some people.If taking an antacid stops this pain that is a good sign it is acid issues in the stomach. If it is just once in while that can be just being a bit sensitive and it can happen to anyone (heartburn) but if you have this often you may need to be scoped and may need an acid controller medication.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts