Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For six months, I suffered the torture of burning vulvavaginitis. I read everything about the problem on-line and at Border's. I visited expert gynecologists. I was so depressed that I would have to live with this pain forever. My depression left me with no energy. My mail had piled up on the counter for 10 days -- no energy to open it. In desperation, I took 30 milligrams of Ritalin. I had some energy and after 2 days, I noticed that I had no pain. The Ritalin was causing mood swings so I reduced it to 20 milligrams. The pain came back. I realized my vaginal pain was not a gynecological problem, but a neurological problem. There was something wrong with my nerve endings. I went to my psychiatrist and he validated my surreptitious discovery (he's a neurotransmitter genius). He said that I damaged my C3 nerve fibers. I think it was from taking very hot showers for many years. To make a long story short, I am now taking NEURONTIN. It works on the thalamus -- the pain center of the brain. It also works on depression. Both my pain and depression have disappeared. I am very lucky. From everything that I read, there is no established cure for vulvavaginitis. I can't believe that I am pain free. Please print this posted information if you have burning vaginal pain. Share it with a physician, a gynegologist, or anyone else who can help you. Ask them to let you try Neurontin.Good luck...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.