Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw that ad again on telly the buscopan ibs relief and the person says and i quote! buscopan relief helps relax those spasms! wonder if the tabs are any good.Peeps in the uk will be able to buy it but im not sure about peeps overseas

·
Registered
476 Posts
LOL that's a relief! Ha Ha! Did wonder what they was trying to give us now! lolI too have seen the adverts Joolie - Was going to have a look next time I'm in the chemist to see if it's something u have to take all the tim, or just when 'spasms' happen. I've been taking pain killers just lately, but wondering if this will work instead!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found this website and have been reading with such relief (& pity) that others out there are like me! I have been dealing with stomach issues for the past 2 years. My spleen enlargement led them to perform a bone marrow biposy and I've had all the tests done too...colonoscopy, scans, etc...No cancer, thank God, dx was IBS for my stomach pain. I am on Levbid (not helping!) and just got put on Zantac for gurd..a new symptom of heartburn/reflux has developed!!! I am currently in constant pain, and bloated to the point that I look pregnant. I have eliminated pasta, white bread, dairy (lactose intollerant) and have begun walking a mile every day, and still the pain is there! I have extremely painful bloating, gurling in my lower bowels (so loud, others hear it) , constantly in the bathroom, cramping, lots of air/gas and have monitored my food to see what causes it, to no avail. EVERYTHING causes it. I am afraid to eat anymore! I cannot leave my house until a 1/2 hour has passed after I eat, or I know I'll have an "attack" and need to use the bathroom. Almost always loose. I am sooo sick of this. I have been diagnosed with Epstein Barr and have mono "reaccurnces" that deplete me of my energy, but that hasn't flared up in a while. I just want to be normal!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Joolie - Yes, horses. You would have to understand the US approval system. It cannot be used on cattle and such since that is a food source. We generally don't eat horses. I did a google and found lots of info outside the US but within the US, it was all about horses.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just got buscopan from my doc for spasms. I live in Canada and it turns out you dont even need a prescription for it.....although you have to request it from the pharmacy. I'll keep you guys posted as to whether or not it works.

·
Registered
254 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Darice:I live in Canada and it turns out you dont even need a prescription for it.....although you have to request it from the pharmacy.
Hmm, so I see that. Now do our US politicians that state they cannot guarantee the safety of Canadian drugs (though many are sold in their original containers shipped from the US drug manufacturer) also have a problem with non-prescription medicines

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi, leanne, I can relate to your bloating problems, I too am afraid to eat even thought it looks like i live at an all you can eat place. I have gained 25 lbs this last year, and nothing seems to get rid of it, I;m trying water pills helping a little. I'm just waiting for somebody to ask me when I'm due. Do you also get where your stomach feels like it grows and gets contractions? mine feel like when i had braxton hitch contractions when i was pregnant. one of mine old drs. just told me to do more situps. ha ha I cant even walk I waddle some days like when I was 9 months along. Also I tried zantac for heartburn and switched to Prilosce otc. It has helped a bunch, then one dr, told me that it might be the cause of my bloating. I would rather have the bloating than the heartburn. One of the other threads said to try fennel tea or seeds my dr. said to try this also cod liver oil. yuck but willing to try the tea. I have had bad ibs for 2 years but know that I have had a mild case for years I used to go around holding my stomach all the time. well i'll stop rambling for now, hope things get better for you.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes i totally agree with you BM, its just bloody awful isnt'it.Mind you since last week i have hardly eaten a thing due to food poisoning, i just dont feel hungry (god i always thought hell would freeze over before i stopped gutsing)
I can totally relate to you i.e braxton hicks and im glad that someone else has said on here that they also get these pains. thanks for your kind wishes.take care

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bull****, I was chugging them down, and it had no effect on my round the clock cramps and pain, until it remitted spontaneously. Maybe the worlds most powerful antispasmodic might help, donnatal or somthing even stronger.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
guangs--What works great for one IBSer may do nothing for another.Some people respond well to antispasmodics but for others NONE of them make any difference regardless of "strength".It is good to remind people that no one pill works for everyone, but many of them that do absolutely nothing for one person are not bull-chips in that they work well for others.If it works for you great, if not it doesn't mean that it is totally worthless for others.K.

G

·
Wise words - Kath. Mind you, seems also that one thing that work great for a while and then be not so effective, in my case, acidophilus, absolute magic for about 3 months - now doesn't do a bugger!!Talking about horses, my best mate in Merseyside kept a horse when I was about 9/10 years old and we both lived on those "pony nuts" (no, seriously thats what they were called!!) - perhaps she's crippled with IBS too!! think she lives in sun-drenced Lincoln or summat now!!Sue

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.