Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Buscopan

787 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  catherine monahan 
#1 ·
How does this type of medication work for others?

#6 ·
I've used this drug for menstrual cramps and it works wonders, but I've never had much success using it for cramping from diarhea. I'm not sure that Buscopan is availble in the U.S., here it is available over-the-counter without a prescription. Sorry, but I have no idea how it works. For some reason I think it's a type of muscle relaxant? (just a guess)

#7 ·
I've used this drug for menstrual cramps and it works wonders, but I've never had much success using it for cramping from diarhea. I'm not sure that Buscopan is availble in the U.S., here it is available over-the-counter without a prescription. Sorry, but I have no idea how it works. For some reason I think it's a type of muscle relaxant? (just a guess)

#9 ·
We all are dfferent with regard to symptoms. I get a few minutes warning with regard to "D" I take Biscopan when & as I need it, it does take 30mins to get to the problem but it stops the spasms in the colon so your not on the toilet for the rest of the day. I would give it a big thumbs up with regard to my IBS symptoms.C

#8 ·
We all are dfferent with regard to symptoms. I get a few minutes warning with regard to "D" I take Biscopan when & as I need it, it does take 30mins to get to the problem but it stops the spasms in the colon so your not on the toilet for the rest of the day. I would give it a big thumbs up with regard to my IBS symptoms.C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.