Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting ever test in the world, I am completely healthy and just have to face that I have IBS. So my new doctor has prescribed Lomotil and Buspar. Has anyone taken these? Have they helped or had side effect?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I took Buspar for about a month.No side effects ... No effects at all.I stopped taking it.I figured it was suppose to serve a purpose ..that purpose escapes me ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I took Buspar for about a month.No side effects ... No effects at all.I stopped taking it.I figured it was suppose to serve a purpose ..that purpose escapes me ...

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I take Buspar for my IBS.For me it lowers the pain. It can also relieve anxiety if you suffer from that (I don't) but it works quite well for easing the pain I have.It is more of a long term prevent the pain kind of thing rather than an acute have pain now take now kind of thing. It may take a few weeks to start being effective for that.When I first took it I would be a bit light-headed for about 1/2 an hour or so after taking it.Lomotil is an antidiarrheal. Never took that.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I take Buspar for my IBS.For me it lowers the pain. It can also relieve anxiety if you suffer from that (I don't) but it works quite well for easing the pain I have.It is more of a long term prevent the pain kind of thing rather than an acute have pain now take now kind of thing. It may take a few weeks to start being effective for that.When I first took it I would be a bit light-headed for about 1/2 an hour or so after taking it.Lomotil is an antidiarrheal. Never took that.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts