Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the C Types find themselves eating outrageously amounts of food to try to make themselves go. The funny thing is that i think i do it sort of subconsciously. Before i know it, i can't believe what i have eaten. Last night was a doozy--enough for three or four people. Then, of course, i have even worse bloating. Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, I have done in the past. 'Normal' people say 'have a large portion of fish and chips or a curry or a kebab - that'll make you go' So, like anything else, you try it - all that happens is that the bloating is worse and the weight piles on. It's not the same for us IBS - C's.------------------SD

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Over eat? Nope, not me. I'm just the opposite. When I haven't "gone", just the thought of food makes me sick. In others words, until whatever is in there comes out, I just can't put any more in. On the other hand, on a good day, when I have "gone", I eat a lot more, although those days are few and far between.
------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realized a while ago that trying to diet while haveing an attack of IBS was impossible. I think my GI track is like a toy train with its wheels off the tracks. The muscles are contracting but going no where. Eating gives the contractins somwhere to go. I am learning how to get my train back on the track. Bland diet means nothing stimulating and nothing constipating. I get some help from Equalactin. The only problem is it contains two triggers for me. They are citric acid and aspertain. I think manufacters are using citric acid instead of sodium because they think it is healthier for us. Products like catsup use to be alright for me. Now I can't go near them. My IBS symptoms are not like others. I do see bits and pieces of me in other discussions. I have had this condition for years and I am just now accepting my condition and am seeking more information. You sound like me. I discribe my IBS as 90%C and 10% D. Stress happy or sad can trigger an attck. I can not tolerate peppermint tea which others use to sooth the beast. It is helpful to read about symptoms like mine..

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I've noticed that too. But I think it started from making myself eat something when I'm nauseous. For some reason, just eating something bland (but just a little) helped. Now it seems to snoball.Ty------------------There is nothing so strong as gentleness,and there is nothing more gentle as real strength.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm so glad you posted this. For 5 years I was doing that. I couldn't go to the bathroom so i would eat and eat and eat to try to push it out but in reality nothing happened and all i got was a bloated stomach. it's not that i'm hungry there is just something that makes me crave certain foods and have it and than feel worse afterwards. The solution, that i have noticed is to not eat. eat only fiber and prunes and drink prune juice throughout the day along with 3 glasses of citrocil. the citrocil really get's things moving as well as the prune juice. i would stick with liquids. so, that has helped a great deal. if you need more advice, you can always email me. good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beach,That is exactly how i feel. I feel myself craving the worst things and i know i can't be hungry. I just get more and more bloated. I was on citrucel for a while and prune juice and all it did was make me more and more bloated. I was eating fiber cereal too. I couldn't take it. it wasn't helping.Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts