Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the effects of Calcium Citrate and whether or not it is available in the UK. I have been to a few health shops and can find magnesium citrate but not calcium?I suffer from IBS - Chronic C constantly and am currently cutting out the wheat products and minimising the milk and carbohydrate products - not much to eat left really but it should help me lose the weight I have put on with IBS - I will miss the chocolate though
I am under the impression that calcium citrate will help with muscle contraction - is this true
Any offers welcome.------------------SD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take calcium citrate because of risks of osteoporosis, but it hasn't helped my C at all. It's better than calcium carbonate (Caltrate) though.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Sorry I don't know about the UK, I'd image they have calcium citrate. I get calcium citrate in a Health Food Store. The one I use is by Twin Labs. It has no effect on IBS one way or another, so it's a safe form of calcium to take. Calcium Corbonate is good for D, and can cause C. It is available everywhere in the states. It harder to find Calcium Citrate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you cannot find calcium citrate, try eating citrus: grapefruit, lemons, oranges, limes, tangerines. Also citric acid is available in many beverages like fruit juices and fruit drinks and some soda pop and in some popsicles in kool-aid and maybe even in some jello. Read the labels. Good luck. And please report back on anything that works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.