Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just say the "regular" doctor yesterday and he gave me a huge lecture on calcium and bone loss. He wants me to take calcium supplements, but I am afraid that the will make IBS_C worse.Has anyone had success with any particular brand?

·
Registered
830 Posts
coral or marine calcium, found in health food stores, don't buy a supermarket or chain drugstore brand. take a 2:1 mag to calcium dose, that is, twice as much mag as calcium. works for me! and i only take one coral calcium supp per day. g-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ghitta - what brand of coral calcium are you using? Do you take a mag supplement w/ that, or does it already contain enough mag? Please let me know. Thxs

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have bone loss too and was told to take Fosamax and calcium. Until I discovered magnesium/calcium combinations I had nothing but problems. Now I take a Twin Labs supplement that has calcium/magnesium (2:1)plus vitamin D and zinc. That and lots of soluable fiber is keeping me fairly regular.

·
Registered
830 Posts
jules, i responded to your private email regarding calcium etc but i'll answer here too, as well. i forget the name of my brand of coral calcium because it's sitting on the counter in my home in florida, where i left it, and i'm in paris, france, for the moment, where i'm taking a french brand of marine calcium and neither are a cal/mag mix. i take mag supps on the side, generally a twinlab brand (but with no added calcium, nor zinc) and at dinnertime i take only mag, no calcium. i used to take the cal/mag/zinc twinlab mix myself but found it was no good for me: i was ingesting too much zinc from that and my twinlab general vite/mineral supplement plus the calcium was too high. as stated before, i do the reverse: 2:1 mag to calcium which works better for me. g-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts