Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
I may be asking these questions too soon, but anyhow .... Started taking 600 mg twice a day Caltrate (pink container, no magnesium) four days ago. The first day it almost acted like a sleeping pill as I slept all afternoon and all night. By the end of the second day, I was glad I had the sleep as I was up running to the bathroom until 2 a.m.Basically, I am finding no positive change. It seems to make the D worse, so I am still popping Imodium AD. I am having gas and bloating with associated pain that I did not have before.Questions are: Am I expecting too much too soon? Should I be seeing some improvement by now? How long should I hang in there with it?Rhea(who wants her Lotronex back!)

· Registered
79 Posts
I will stick with the calcium as long as I can. Of course, it was on half price sale when I bought it so I have two bottles! Also made sure it had no magnesium in it.The gas/bloating are not as bad today, but no change in the D. I have great hopes that the day will come when I am not helping to keep the company that makes Imodium AD in business! For what it is worth, I have tried the store brands of Imodium, and that is one generic that does not seem to work as well as the actual Imodium. Not at all logical.Rhea

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.