Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I do use the lactose free... low fat milk.. but only in small amounts... I use any dairy with caution because of what it does to me.. Didn't used to... once was I could eat it all... Now, only small amounts of certain ones are tolerated... and if too much... baboom.... YKWIM....So I know I am not going to get enough calcium that way... Actually that is why I started taking the Calcium Chews... that and because of the protection against colon polyps...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I try to stay away from all kinds of dairy,even the lactose free stuff. I have found that nothing works for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Forgot, OJ NO WAY!!! That stuff will put me in the bathroom for a week!! Spicey foods also. There isnt much I can eat. Pasta really is all my stomach can handle.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nope... no OJ for me either... very little in the juice and fruit line actually.. I sometimes don't know if it is the fruit in the juice or the high fructose that is the culprit..Apples cooked with no skin or applesauce is as far as I go these days.. sometimes some cantalope or honeydew melon... in small amounts.. but that is about it.. everything else nope..Pasta... rice.. baked potatoes no skin, toast, carrots.. bananas.. fat free margarine, and lean white meats are about all I am trying right now.. I added a 1/2 cup of cooked broccoli last night and am waiting to see what today brings from that... Pretzles I have been using as a little snack because I heard awhile ago... they help diarrhea..

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Prudy,You may find you will be able to drink milk and OJ after you have been on the calcium tablet for a while and you system has had a chance to heal.Linda

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after taking calcium i don't feel as weak and i feel better now. my stool have some shapes and forms now, so far good, i hope these attacks will go away. it may sound funny that sometimes these IBS attacks can almost nock me out.linda, i assume you are now drinking regular milk and OJ. how many glass a day can you drink?

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Jimb,I have always been a milk drinker and OJ was not for me before the calcum but now I can drink it without a problem. I put milk on my breakfast cereal as well as have lots of hot chocolate in the winter and no problems. When I had diarrhea all the time I tried to stop the milk for a while to see if it made a difference thinking it could be lactose intolerance but it did not make a difference still diarrhea. The attack of diarrhea will ware you down for sure and by the time you recover it hits again.Hang in for a while get adjust and start to feel better then you can add some food and drinks back slowly to see if they are okay for you now.Linda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts