Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this message again since I feel that it escaped attention when I posted it about two days ago when the BB was experiencing some trouble.The 'Calcium Effect' discovered by Linda seems to have helped a number of persons with IBS-D. I did not find much benefit from Caltrate Plus tablets that were recommended by Linda. However, I do find a lot of help from Calcium Citrate tablets. The brand ("Nature Made") that I am taking has 325 mg of calcium as citrate and 200 IU of vitamin D per tablet. I take three of these tablets per day and the improvement in my IBS-D symptoms has been remarkable. Others who were not helped by Caltrate Plus may like to try these tablets. Best wishes to all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rao,See my message to TB and Linda today. My wife is on calcium citrate, and I'm thinking of stealing some of hers if this Caltrate thing is a bust.Thanks for your contribution.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks so much for the suggestion. I tried the Caltrate Plus also and, while it worked for a few weeks, it stopped working while I was on vacation three weeks ago. I've kept taking it, but I'm not getting better. I'll give the calcium citrate a shot now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.