Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Angry: I NEVER would have learned about calcium from my doc!! For me, Linda's post about calcium helped me enormously, for the first time in a long time, I have reduced or eliminated "d" episodes As they say in 12 step program meetings" take what you need and leave the rest" Faye from Cambridge, MA

·
Registered
288 Posts
I hear ya! Taking calcium three times a day has eliminated my diarrhea of 20 years.
Absolutely thrilled to share this information with anyone who could benefit, I wrote a letter to my latest gastro explaining my success. Think he wrote me back? Nope. Phone call? Nope. Telegram? He he - nope. Oh well, I'm just glad we have this board.
God Bless Lnape!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I hear ya! Taking calcium three times a day has eliminated my diarrhea of 20 years.
Absolutely thrilled to share this information with anyone who could benefit, I wrote a letter to my latest gastro explaining my success. Think he wrote me back? Nope. Phone call? Nope. Telegram? He he - nope. Oh well, I'm just glad we have this board.
God Bless Lnape!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been a happy Caltrate user for eight months now. It has changed my life!! I mentioned this to my doctor and he said that it made sense because Calcium can be constipating. He was so interested that he was going to look up the info on the board. He said " Whatever you can find to help you, do it" He's a great GI. But, I know not all doctors are so accepting of new ideas. My old GI certainly wasn't!Kim

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been a happy Caltrate user for eight months now. It has changed my life!! I mentioned this to my doctor and he said that it made sense because Calcium can be constipating. He was so interested that he was going to look up the info on the board. He said " Whatever you can find to help you, do it" He's a great GI. But, I know not all doctors are so accepting of new ideas. My old GI certainly wasn't!Kim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts