Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the post on calcium carbonate. Are TUMS the same as the Caltrate, as they both contain calcium carbonate? And has anyone had luck with Benefiber as a bulking agent?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do try the Benefibre, I have been so well since I started taking it! It really worked for my D -that plus the calcium tablets I get from my doctor. I have had daily D for about 40 years and it made my life so miserable, but since reading about Benefibre and calcium my life has been great! I can't help you on the Tums as I don't have them over here. I had tried other fibres in the past and they all made my D much worse so I was sceptic about Benefibre, but it really worked for me. No more D!! Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, Mlynn. I was excited about the Benefibre, got some, read the ingredients and found wheat products. I cannot eat wheat or many other grains, so Benefibre was out for me. Anyone else have that problem with Benefibre?? Would love to know what you used as an alternative.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tums has calcium, but it shouldn't just be used as a supplement, because antacids have been shown to be really hard on the stomach over longterm use. If you want the benefits of calcium (which actually has been helping me A LOT) then I would stick with an actual Ca + D supplement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.