Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have been reading everyones posts and am intrested in the calcium even if it oly makes me feel better for a short while. How much of it do you need to take? also where can you get it and how bad does your D have to be before you should give it ago? also any side effects? thanks any advice would be muchly appreciatedclaire

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah, I swing like that too
I tried Calcium and it just made me really constipated, even at 1/2 a dose a day, but it's worth a try. In my opinion being an alternator is the hardest, anything that stops up the D makes you C and when you're C you can't take anything for it cause it all gives you D

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
claire99991,Well maybe you get constipated after taking thing to stop the diarrhea. I would be glad to offer any help to you that I can. Maybe you want to email me and let me know a bit about what you take in prescriptions and any over the counter meds. It sure can be worth the try because you can see there are many successful attempts on this board. I have been good for more than 8 year using calcium and I had almost daily attacks of diarrhea for 23 years.Linda

·
Registered
42 Posts
I recently started taking Calcium and noticed a big difference already. I'm on my fifth day of taking two pills a day. My cramping has diminished and my stools are somewhat harder. After about a month, I am gonna try a diet change, start adding more foods to it if I continue to feel better.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Jennygirl77,It is pretty impressive to see all the post on this thread and to see how many this has helped and this is not the first thread on this board.Remember you can take up to 3 full pills a day with food and when you start to add things back go slow. Do not eat lettuce when you eat out and even the salad bars I avoid and too much tomato sauce can sometimes cause a problem but a small amount I do fine.Let me know if I can help and thanks for letting us know of your success so far.Linda

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would avoid iceberg lettuce altogether. They also spray something on the salads at salad bars to preserve it. I do find I have to avoid tomato sauce, cook it well, or just have a small quantity.I have started calcium and it seems to be helping. I get some cramping but it is better than running to the toilet all day!

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
KAD,Glad you tried the calcium and if I can help just ask. It will take a bit for the insides to heal from all the irritation and you will get better day by day. It may take some dose adjustments or timing adjustments to get the best results for you so don't give up too soon.Linda

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.