Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mean green,You need to check out that thread that you started on the other board. the votes are turning in your favor...
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I just went over there to check. Thanks for supporting me Joyce. I really appreciated that. The boards developer was essentially right though. It is not his board. It's the ones that have been there the longest that influence the board's rules. I thought it interesting that the ones involved did not defend themselves by saying they had obtained permission (which was my main point of discussion), but by telling everybody that 'they were not making money and only wanted to help everyone.' This may be true, but there is really no way of other members being able to know about the reliability of the sources; products or people. If everyone is up front and it is stated that they are able to advertise and sell because they have made monetary contributions to that board, fine and dandy. Lets open it up to everyone then, and do that if that is the kind of board all the members or the developer of that board wants. I was just trying to make it fair for everyone there. I think it respectful to follow the rules of the developer of the board has set, and if one has obtained special permission in advance, state that has been done to everyone before advertising 'what's for sale.' That way, there will be no misunderstanding among the members.I guess that is all hindsight. At any rate, because of the obvious hostility there toward anyone questioning the deviation from the rules and the way they circled their wagons to protect their "IBS Guru/s", I will not be back anytime soon. I wonder how many GI docs would approve of a hypnotist being referred to as an "IBS expert." Oh well, what do they know!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moldie, I liked the way you said it about circleing their wagon.......
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD[This message has been edited by Joyce (edited 03-01-2000).]

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Joyce, I do understand the concept and don't doubt that it can help some people manage their symptoms. Heck, it might even help me! I don't rule it out. I just don't want to have people rely on it alone and ignore diet, or in the case of an infection, blockage, tumor etc., may be allowing a problem to grow out of proportion, so to speak, and perhaps it may be too late to do anything about.The difficulty that comes with the diagnosis of IBS, is that it has become truly a waste-basket diagnosis by some doctors, who don't want to take the time to discover if the bowel symptoms could actual be do to a different problem such as medications, diet, infection, problems with other digestive-influencing organs etc.. Oh well, good health to you Joyce. I may take a break period from posting much for awhile. I've become way to serious lately, and need a bit of levity in my life to balance it. Thanks to you again for being there.moldie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moldie, I for one wish that you would come back to Jeff's board. I believe that you are asset to any IBS bulletin board. I wish I would have stood up with you in your time of troubles. I do miss your posts and your sense of humor. ------------------ http://www.digestioninfo.com

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hiya Moldie,I second what kwilim said-we should have stood up for you sooner. You have alot of support at the BB-please come back?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tis' I.... The developer from the "other" board.
Every so often a topic comes up that stirs up the BB. I can assure you that I will take a more active role in enforcing commercial advertising on the main forum. The IBS Web forum will strictly be used for that purpose.Hope you'll drop by and visit us again. You've been around a long time and I see no reason for the self imposed exile.Jeff--------IBS Self Help Group

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Thanks kwilim and Pekeluvr. I do appreciate your responses and support. Jeff, it was my intention to protect your name and board as you see, I did not mention any names here. That is because I like you, as I liked most of the people on your IBS board. It is not totally self-imposed as 'sweet' Bette, I found out later, suggested I leave on one post, and 'sweet' Jean was down right, well, mean! I think they both were protecting someone whom they've grown very fond of there. I know eric will not like to see me back any time soon either. I would never be able to disagree with anyone's opinion there without the wagons circling again. It would just plain be too oppressive for me to exist there right now. I do appreciate your invitation though.God bless you, and I wish you much success with your personal health and all your personal endeavors in the future.moldieP.S. Besides that, Brad needs a kick in the but over here sometimes too!
Just kidding Brad! Are you guys really brothers? I may be back sometime in the future Jeff. Although I may have to change my name to protect the 'guilty'.
Maybe it will all blow over in time........ [This message has been edited by moldie (edited 03-01-2000).][This message has been edited by moldie (edited 03-01-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Moldie.No need to change your name. It's okay for friends to get upset with each other once and a while. It's not such a bad thing for people to stick together. It's really what I was looking for when I launched the site eons ago.J*Oh yes, Brad and I are twin brother's from different mother's.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Moldie, I would also like you to come back over to the "other" BB when you want to. As far as people circling the wagon I cannot help what others post.The whole thing got out of hand.I want you to know I feel the information you provide is very valuable.You also had a point about the advertising although we have been suppling information for months.I also want to add the first thing Mike says is be diagnosed. Also he firmly believe's in diet.I tried to email you but you don't have your email posted so I will put this here for your general information.The thing is it's okay to disagree, but basically we both agree on a lot. This would have never happened if we were talking person to person on the phone for example.I hope to see you soon. Part of the center of this is missing where he points out see a doctor and watch your diet. http://webpotential.com/mike/ Good health to you and everyone
.------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trying to delete this and it says "Only forum leaders may delete this!"[This message has been edited by Persist (edited 03-02-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Moldie -- I want you to come back. Variety is the spice of life and you enlivened the board and I respect your integrity and viewpoints and like you, too. It was not right that you were chased off the board (or allowed yourself to be) because of the comments you refer to. Frankly, I have to agree with you. I have been in shock at the aggressiveness of those comments. Just for the record, I very much appreciate Eric, and have never questioned his desire to help, his integrity and his sincerity. I'm glad he has a following as he deserves it, but I have found over the months, that some of the defenders have become so quick to move in -- without thinking things through -- almost like bodyguards (!!) It does give an impression, right or wrong, of leaving others out. And right or not, I've been put off by it myself (although I noted that Eric, as he said, did not for the most part encourage it). Let the chips fall where they may.P.S. One thing -- from what I know about Mike (and this is what he told me through personal e-mails long before he hooked up with Eric or came on the board), he is far more of an IBS expert than you might think. His special training is for IBS and to get that credential, he has to have treated a caseload of IBS patients. The course, I believe, is specifically geared toward that condition. That's more than some GI's and certainly more than most hypnotherapists in the US. I think you could call him an IBS expert after a fashion.P.P.S. To those of you here at Parkview, hi -- I'm Persist! Sorry to butt in this way, but I didn't have Moldie's e-mail![This message has been edited by Persist (edited 03-02-2000).]

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I did read it eric and Persist. I guess he seems legit. I just have a lot of trust issues about the internet. I figure anyone can post anything and be anyone they want on the net. That is why I don't give my e-mail address out to anyone that I don't know personally. Indeed I must have, to some internet sites, or I guess I wouldn't be here or get some of the information I have gotten so far from the web. It concerns me a little, though, how free some people are to lay it out for anyone to see. I was trying to be helpful to someone in South Africa once on a fibro site, and I was sent a link to a personal site and it scared me a little. Kind of a freaky site. Since then, I don't give my e-mail out to anyone over the web. I hope you will understand this.One thing that I wonder is in that article eric, he mentions helping people with Parkinson's Disease. I perked up because my father has it now, and my mother's mother died from complications from it. I just wondered how hypnosis fits in with that. Maybe I'll ask Mike sometime. I was glad to see that he did mention other causes of IBS symptoms (antibiotics use even!).I peeked in at your website again eric, which you seem to be adding to right along. I can see you care about everyone, and are not the least bit selfish in the information you have to share at your site. I think that's why everybody likes you so much. Keep up the good work. Take care all, and thanks again for stopping by.the mold

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Thanks Moldie, I am really trying. I am sorry to hear about your Father. I would email Mike about your questions. He is very thoughtful and thourough and would be gald to answer them. Glad to see you around again
.------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi moldie,I just found this BB. And I have been at the IBS BB for about now three weeks.You probably don't know me but I followed many of your posts on the IBS BB with great interest, and respect for you.I really didn't follow the thread of "advertising" etc. and some how assumed that it was a minor dispute. I was totally consumed with my problems ( an probably still am) since I've been virtually silent about my IBS (embarrassed) for 38 years, having just come out of the closet so to speak.I personally feel that any claim made by anyone must be qualified with "it is my opinion" and/or "opinion of others etc" and the added statement that everyone must do what they feel is comfortable, and that in response allow any person to disagree.I'll defend what you say to my death..and.. may not agree wih what you are saying..." VoltaireI also understand two sides of every story, for people see reality from their own personal prospective. By understand as used here is not meant to be agree.I'm too preoccupied with other things so I can't think through your disagreement with the IBS policy.I understand that for now you will not be on the IBS BB..but I'm glad I found you here.vikee

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Well, as you may have seen vikee (and thankyou for those kind words), that I have begun posting again on the other board again, encouraged by you all here. Besides, I couldn't resist the post looking for flux and decided I'd bring him back by my "C. Albicans" posting. (I know, I am a trouble maker!)
I swear he has his software honed in on the words "Candida" "Yeast" and even "C. Albicans!" It was an interesting article though, and you can find it here under my recent "Women" posting. I am sorry you have not been doing well vikee. I do recall seeing your name, but can't remember all you have been going through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts