Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Calling miss rocket... my tapes have arrived!

442 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  eric 
G
#1 ·
Good news - my tapes (CD's actually) arrived today. I'm looking forward to giving them a whirl this evening.Oh, the excitement...

#4 ·
Miss rocket, your tapes should be with you very soon so you know.
------------------ http://www.ibshealth.com/ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

G
#6 ·
By the way, ukgeezer, I'll actually be in your neck of the woods sometime in September, by which time the 100 days will have elapsed and, of course, we'll both be feeling like a million bucks (or quid, if you prefer)
so maybe we can chat in person and compare notes then. I'm still waiting on my tapes, but they'll probably get here in the next day or two. That's the holidays for ya. Hope you are enjoying your tapes thus far. I've been having some success at general chilling out using a relaxation tape from a therapist/yogi, so I'm having quite high hopes for Mike's tapes. I figure a positive and receptive attitude goes a long way to making the program effective.

G
#7 ·
Thanks for the encouragement JeanG.Missrocket, I also have high hopes for the tapes. I have tried hypnotherapy before, but at the time I had a v.stressful job (which now I don't!) - and I think that drastically influenced the results (for the worse).It wasn't IBS specific hypnotherapy either, and at the time I was very sceptical that something like this could possibly be doing me any good, and I subsequently didn't put in the required hours of practice on my own. This time will be different - I owe it to myself.If I'm still here in September then you're more than welcome to stop and ay hi (or hello). I have plans to go to Australia again at the moment, but these plans seem to change on an almost daily basis, so if I'm still here then it'd be good to see y'all.Hope your tapes get here soon.

G
#10 ·
My tapes are still not here, but I am hopeful that tomorrow they will arrive. Holidays always make the mail wonky. I've been actually having some success using calcium and also eating more regularly. I've also been doing the mental exercise of saying to myself over and over "I can" which is short for "I can create anything within the laws of nature" which my yoga instructor recommended. I don't entirely believe it yet, but I'm starting to. A positive attitude is the best thing for this illness I think and I'm actively cultivating one. I am also hopeful that Mike's tapes will further this process and really make it stick. Now all I have to do is just have them delivered.

G
#11 ·
I got my tapes in the mail today and have already listened to Day 1. I found it very relaxing, and look forward to continuing them. Mike's voice is so soothing as is the music, so, at the very least it will help me stay chill and frosty as I search for a new job.

G
#12 ·
Excellent - at least you can make a start now.I've been listening to the tapes several times a day for the last few days (only side 2 of course) and already I'm feeling less tense. Still, it's early days yet - no point in getting excited too soon.Anyway, best of luck, missrocket - and what's this about a new job? I myself am in a bit of a career crisis (can't decide whether or not to give up this comupting lark once and for all - it is after all a boa). But what do I do then?? Nothing's ever easy, is it?

#13 ·
Miss Rocket, I am glad they arrived. I think you will be surprized at what they do in the long run for you. Personally I found it weird I got so much better from tapes then from meds or anything else I did. However, understanding hypnosis and understanding IBS it really makes sense.------------------ http://www.ibshealth.com/ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.