Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking Metamucil and it helps sort of but I just started taking the Caltrate Plus, once a day. Should I still be taking the Metamucil or just the Caltrate. Also, how long does it take for Caltrate to work? I haven't really noticed a difference, of course it has only been two days. I go to the doctor tomorrow for a follow up when I first came to him with the D. I first was on Fibercon (didn't work), tried Levbid I think it worked for my D, but too many side effects made me feel too drugged. So the next step is to do the colonscopy, because the doctor hasn't officially said I have IBS.

· Registered
5,421 Posts
I would just take the caltrate and take it spread out though out the day. start with 1/2 tablet with each meal. If this is not enough then go to 1 tablet with each meal. It takes a few days for you system to adjust to the added calcium and it may give you some indigestion.Linda

· Registered
104 Posts
I take 1/4 tsp. Metamucil in the morning only and Calcium 3 times a day with meals. I did not obtain good results with the Caltrate as I suspect it may have been the magnesium, but since I switched to plain Carbonate Calcium (not oyster shell), I have noticed an improvement.Granny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.