Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took three caltrate all day yesterday and had a dinner which was unbelievable(drink,salad + dessing,garlic toast, lamb chops and even one bite of choc. cake...pretty gutsy,huh?) And guess what? I actually had some form to my poop this morning for the first time in three weeks. I am encouraged and thank you all for your caltrate advice, Now must eat right and see if this is really going to work. I'm pretty excited in just one day of caltrate. One other thing I wonder is does calcium releive stress (a warm glass before helps you rest) but if you are lactose intolerant you can't. Might be another reason caltrate helps the stess factor in IBS. Any thoughts?[This message has been edited by gurgle (edited 08-06-99).]

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
The caltrate relieves the diarrhea and thus the stress of that awful thing hanging over your head every day. It is also good for the cramps and spasms. All of these things help to relieve the stress factor. It is pretty amazing when it works so well the first day as it did for me after having this for 23 years. You just can't forget to take it because the diarrhea comes right back. It is no cure but a control. I am happy to have that for over a year now. You sound like you really gave it a test on the first day. Take it slow and you should be successful.Linda

G

·
Gurgle, congrats on your success. You really gave it a test. Were any of those foods trigger foods for you? I have discovered in the short amount of time I have been on it, that even though I am feeling better, I still can't eat my trigger foods. Good luck.Linda, thanks for your success story. It is good to see people who are having long term success with the Caltrate Plus. It gives me hope.
------------------Chris from Colorful Colorado!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts