Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using "Caltrate Plus with vitamin D and minerals" for about two weeks now and I have seen a dramatic change in my bm. There has been no d what so ever. I now have 2 or 3 bm a day but they are normal. Thanks Linda for the suggestion.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Don't give up even if you should have a episode again it will be short lived and not so painful as before. Just don't forget to take the calcium and for me 5 years plus of success. Thanks for letting us know your good results.Linda

·
Registered
298 Posts
Calcium is not a stand alone fix, you really need to adjust your diet. I follow Heather's Eating for IBS diet and combine it with the calcium to achieve what I feel is a good balance. BUT, if I cheat with my diet the calcium does nothing. If I get some rich food by accident (such as cheese and butter in a usually safe risotto dish), the calcium won't work. So, cut out the fat and triggers listed in her book, take the calcium and THEN see how it works. Give your body a chance to calm down before you give up. It takes a while to de-inflame.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Kathy: I started out with 1/2 a day because one whole one was too much (and made me nauseous). I am now up to 1 whole one a day taken at night with dinner. I'd like to bump up to 2 a day and will probably do that within the next few days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I take one, three times a day (after each meal). Make sure you get the right kind of Caltrate "Caltrate Plus with vitamin D and minerals". From what Linda told me it has the right balance of everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.