Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,My IBS has settled down over the past 2 months or so, I think it's because I'm generally a lot more chilled out, and I have figured out what my trigger foods are. However, I still get D when I am even mildly worried about something. I'm ill at the moment with ME and my body gets worked up & I have D when for example, I have to go see the Dr or have bloods taken - things I don't find stressful really, anymore.It's like my body's reacting, even though my mind knows there is no reason to react. DOes anyone know if Caltrate will work as well in this situation? Also, can you get Caltrate in the UK (can't get out to the shops to have a look, too tired to talk on the phone to a chemist!).Thanks in advance for any replies!Be well,wanderingstar.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I think the Caltrate can help even for the stress type diarrhea.The ingredients are:Vitamin D 200 IUCalcium 600 or 500 MG (calcium carbonate)Magnesium 40 MG ( NO More than this amount)Zinc 7.5 MGCopper 1 MGManganese 1.8 MGBoron 250 MCGIf you can get something like this then try it or even just Calcium carbonate with Vitamin D.Linda

G

·
Hi wanderingstar!
I'm in the UK and recently recommended Caltrate (in the purple and white box) to a friend - she found it in Boots, no problem!
Julie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts