Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
listen, caltrate is nothing more than 600mgs. calcium carbonate & 400iu of vitamin D3.............plus alot of stuff u don't need to take, like talc & other stuff they use to make a hard pill..........if u buy a calcium carbonate supplement & vitamin D3, u get the same things, besides, u can get it in capsules without the additives..........besides most people need more than 400iu of vitamin D............if u buy them separately, then u can take exactly what u need..............cal carb is mostly for soaking up the excess liquid, u'd b better served finding out why there's too much liquid in ur intestines............with ibs, u have digestion problems & with this u can have a hard time breaking down hard pills, so a capsule works much better, anyway...........sometimes u only breakdown part of the pill...........i have problems with this myself, so i buy capsules as much as possible............check vitacost.com or iherb.com...........they have a wide selection of vits, minerals & herbs............

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
You may not find Caltrate itself. That is a brandname. But look or ask the druggist for a Calcium Carbonate supplement with no more than 45 mgs of Magnesium in it. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I don't think that brand name is available in the UK. Calcium Carbonate (try to find one with vitamin D in it) and low amounts of magnesium are a fairly common supplement and I think we have a number of people from the UK that find that in the stores over there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I succesfully ordered it to Sweden with Amazon. However when you search for it. Click every single box cause only 2 of the total of like 10 worked for me, others were not allowed to ship to Sweden.Ebay can also work but before you buy check to what countries they ship.GL I had the same problem with Caltrate and Align one week ago. I made a post that should not be many pages back.There are some website suggestions on it which I think were pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.