Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting this web page I went out and bought the Caltrate (in the purple box). I am taking 1/2 a tablet 2 times a day. It seems to be helping so far (it has been a week). However, I still experience some "gas" pains after eating. I am always afraid when these come on that I am going to have to run to the bathroom any minute. Does anyone else experience this even on the Caltrate? Also, for the people that are taking the Caltrate for D, do you experience normal bowel movements now?Thanks for any responses!!

G

·
Glad to hear the caltrate is doing some good for you. I no longer have any gas problems, unless I eat a trigger food, but I can't remember if this was immediate or if it took a while.Since starting the Caltrate, I have had normal BM's the vast majority of days. If you are still finding that you have D, you might want to increase your dosage. Usually one pill per day is a minimum dosage, so you might need to increase to a whole pill with two or three meals.Good luck and continue to let us know how you are doing.christine
Smile, It makes people wonder what you have been up to!!

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
The gas problem is normal when you first start the Caltrate. As your body adjust to the added calcium this goes away. SOme also have indigestion at first.Yes also to normal bowel patterns and I have been taking the Caltrate since July 1998. It is pretty amazing just be consistant and if you stop taking it the diarrhea will return. It is a control not a cure.Linda

1 - 3 of 3 Posts