Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! I got sick with an IBS attack Thursday night. It stopped Saturday morning and I started eating things like applesauce, bread, and oatmeal on Sunday. Yesterday at work was okay except for me being very very tired from not eating almost anything for nearly 4 days. Today I woke up at 3 am with a sharp pain in my intestines, but it was so sudden that it was over by the time I pulled myself out of my dream. So I took a couple of pretty green pills (clidinum) to help with the pain and went back to sleep. I got up and drove to work but was overcome by pain and the sudden urge to use the restroom. All I got was gas and the knowledge that if my intestines were not already shut down from the previous attack I would be in the bathroom constantly. I will end up there by the end of the day, I'm sure of it. I can HEAR it. I'm so frustrated. I almost started crying at work just from the knowledge that I cannot go to the doctor and get a 10 day prescription that will make me all better! Ideas of cutting and other way too self-destructive thoughts have been filtering in more and more. The bad attacks mostly acompany my menstrual cycle. So I got on the pill without taking the week off. Well this is just my first time but it came anyway - and so did the attack. I just want to cry and scream and possibly do something very rash. I am SO lucky that I had an appt with my gastro set up for tomorrow anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understand what you are talking about. When the IBS attacks happens to me I can feel my insides bubbling and soon the diarrhea begins. The pain is horrendous and incapacitating for me. I also restrict solid food when the attack is severe which is most of the time now for me. I drink Ensure during those times too.I hope your Gastro doctor can help you feel better. This IBS is so hard to deal with.I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there ok?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Cofaym, do you mean you just started the pill? If so, if it works well for you then you might find that eventually you'll have no cramps or problems. I have pretty much none and it just gets easier. Periods are no problem at all. But try to follow the directions with it; pills can have dangers.But the noise...remember when Kramer on Seinfeld said he was "perculating?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.