Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is really annoying if i'm out with a girl or at a friends house and i start thinking about having to use the bathroom and it makes me have to go i don't like not being able to use the bathroom like a normal person always having diareiha never normal. Does anybody know a good medicine i can take?? and immodium does not help me people wonder why i don't like eating at their houses this stuff is just something i don't wanna explain to them

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I take it you have been diagnosed with IBS by your doctor? What medications or lifestyle approaches has your doctor suggested you try?There are altneratives to Imodium that you can discuss with your doctor. You could try taking a calcium carbonate supplement such as Caltrate Plus. You could try hypnotherapy. I found it particularly helpful for the aggravation of symptoms following worrying thoughts - as in, being in a social situation and thinking you might need the bathroom, and then getting D. Take a look at the Hypnotherapy, CBT and Anxiety forum here.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I take it you have been diagnosed with IBS by your doctor? What medications or lifestyle approaches has your doctor suggested you try?There are altneratives to Imodium that you can discuss with your doctor. You could try taking a calcium carbonate supplement such as Caltrate Plus. You could try hypnotherapy. I found it particularly helpful for the aggravation of symptoms following worrying thoughts - as in, being in a social situation and thinking you might need the bathroom, and then getting D. Take a look at the Hypnotherapy, CBT and Anxiety forum here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
you really need to try the calcium. Im speaking from experience! Check out the forum of "over the counter" If you need any answers you can always ask LNAPE she's good
She knows what shes talking about. If I can be any of help to you just let me know.
goodluck,amygurl

·
Registered
191 Posts
you really need to try the calcium. Im speaking from experience! Check out the forum of "over the counter" If you need any answers you can always ask LNAPE she's good
She knows what shes talking about. If I can be any of help to you just let me know.
goodluck,amygurl

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I would recommend:NON-prescription...try calcium it is worth a try.Prescription - I would recommend trying something in the Levsin family first (levbid, Levsinex) or if you have really bad D (like me) I take Remeron. It blocks the 5ht3 receptor that controls gut and seratonin reaction. (Like Lotronex)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I would recommend:NON-prescription...try calcium it is worth a try.Prescription - I would recommend trying something in the Levsin family first (levbid, Levsinex) or if you have really bad D (like me) I take Remeron. It blocks the 5ht3 receptor that controls gut and seratonin reaction. (Like Lotronex)

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's really tough being young and having to worry about what you can and cant eat and if you will make it to the bathroom. It all started for me when I was 17. The only advice I can offer is that if you know you are going out try to eat bland stuff for a few days before . You sort of have to experiment to see what bothers you the most.Then be careful with alcohol as that seems to bother alot of people. Try not to worry about what others think. I use to drive myself crazy with that,worrying about how embarassed I would be if I had to keep running to the bathroom or explaining to people why I wasn't eating. Tell them what's going on .If they have a problem with it ,then find new friends.You can't help being sick.Have you been to a Dr.? You really should get checked out.There are many things that can cause D. Maybe you could get something different than Immodium that would work better for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's really tough being young and having to worry about what you can and cant eat and if you will make it to the bathroom. It all started for me when I was 17. The only advice I can offer is that if you know you are going out try to eat bland stuff for a few days before . You sort of have to experiment to see what bothers you the most.Then be careful with alcohol as that seems to bother alot of people. Try not to worry about what others think. I use to drive myself crazy with that,worrying about how embarassed I would be if I had to keep running to the bathroom or explaining to people why I wasn't eating. Tell them what's going on .If they have a problem with it ,then find new friends.You can't help being sick.Have you been to a Dr.? You really should get checked out.There are many things that can cause D. Maybe you could get something different than Immodium that would work better for you. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.