Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am 21 years of age and have been diagnose with IBS. I have had stomach pains for all my life and have been to see many doctors. When I first got my period I had terrible troubles with it, pain, heavy flow which would last for days and for the first few days of my cycle I couldn�t even go to school. So I went on the pill on and off from 14 to 17, after 17 I have been on it full time. I have to take a particularly strong pill and it doesn�t help me that much but it helps a little. I went to the gyno to see if I had endo and she did an ultra sound which didn�t show anything and told me to take the pill consecutively, so I only get my period four times a year. She suggested that I have a laposcopy but go see a gastro first. I went to see him and had a barium meal (I think it�s called) and an endoscopy, which discovered nothing and so I was diagnosed with IBS. I suffer from a lot of bloating and general stomach pains. I also suffer from stabbing pains which seem to travel from my abdomen to my rectum. When I get these pain (despite the fact they only last a minute or so) I can�t even stand up. There has been incidents where I�ve been in lifts and got one of these pains and collapsed on the floor. I also suffer from bad cramping that wake me up in the middle of the night about three o�clock. These pains only last for about ten minutes or so but I am screaming in agony (I hear this is atypical of IBS). Two years ago for the first time I developed pain during sexual intercourse and have had it ever since (previous to this I had had sex for two years without any problems and one of those years was with the guy I was with when I developed the pain). It seems to be getting progressively worse and the last time there was even some bleeding. We have both been checked for STD�s and at first I thought it might be a strain but the length of time suggests otherwise. I stopped have sex for approx six months to �give it a rest� but it was only worse after this, I also tried without condoms because I hear that sometimes and allergic reaction can cause pain. It happens in all positions and the gyno couldn�t find anything.I don�t know what to do anymore. I don�t want to live with these problems for the rest of my life. Can anyone make any suggestions?Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sweety, you need to see a doctor right away about your symptoms. You need to have surgery to see if you have endometriosis, it sounds like that is what you have. It is really important to have a laproscopy and if your doctor won't than you need to find one that will. If you do have endometriosis it is immportant to get treated right away. It is a progressive disease and may get worse if gone undetected and/or untreated. I myself suffer from endometriosis and have all of the symptoms you have. It is a very confusing and frustrating disease but it is important that you find a doctor who will help you right away. Best of luck!

·
Registered
927 Posts
You may want to see a skilled Bodytalk practitioner. Check out my post in the OTC - Alternative Medicines sub-forum on this site.I know there are some good bodytalk practitioners in Australia - including the founder of the system, John Veltheim. best of luckp.s. I agree that you should go to a doctor first though and rule out anything serious or treatable by them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.