Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 21 yr old male, no history of any kinds of problems, until about a year and half ago i started having stomach problems and pain. One day I had a panic attack and my heart rate was like 160 and I went to the hospital and they shot some medicine into me to slow it down and it went up more so they put a different kind to slow it down and it didnt work it just eventually came down on its own after i relaxed for a lil while and 30 mins later they sent me home. Well for the past 2 months or so I've been having this constant chest pain like pressure, I've been to the emergency room twice for it and they took a chest x-ray, and did an ekg and said it was anxiety. well i can just be sitting down watching tv and ill have chest pain come and stay for awhile, and like 3 or 4 times a day ill have like this fluttering skipped beat kinda feeling of my pulse and i can feel it in my chest and ESPECIALLY in my throat. ill put my fingers on my throat to feel my pulse and i caught it happening a few times and it feels like i guess you would say a premature heart beat, like i will feel it beat and then immediately after there is another one, and then the next regular one. so like instead of having 2 beats in 2 seconds it will be 3. and then it goes back to normal. has or does anyone EVER experience this or am I the only one??? what is it??

·
Registered
461 Posts
I get those. Mine ended up being supraventricular tachaycardia. Had a choice to either put up with it, take medicine the rest of my life, or have a catheter ablation. I chose the ablation, which they burned the area in my heart with the messed up electrical connections.I still get an occasional extra beats, everyone does, but not to the extent they used to be.Easy way to stop them when it starts is to bear down in your abdominal area, kinda like your straining to poop, and this will usually slow your heart flutters down.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Small fluxuations in heart rhythm usually mean nothing. If it is 160-240 for like 20 minutes and won't come down on it's own then you can worry about it.Like I've said a bunch of times to you already and still you ask the same question. The thing that caused me chest pain EXACTLY like you describe is costochondritis. You just have to wait for the joints in the chest to get un-inflammed, it heals up eventually. This will hurt like heck even when you are sitting totally still. Breathing, normal everyday breathing can make it hurt. Usually your heart hurts when you do something, not when you are just sitting there.Panic, anxiety, worry, checking your pulse many times a day can all make you have heart rate increases from the panic/anxiety/worry.You have had all the heart tests you need to see if you are dying. They were all normal.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.