Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Well, I just want to say I'm amazed on how much I can really relate to alot of the messages. I'm a senior in high school and I go to school everyday scared my stomach is going to start spasming and I'm going to have to leave, but I can't get out of class. I've gone to the school nurse for this before, but my school has this stupid rule that you can't leave school if you're sick until 9:30, but classes start at 7:30, and if I am really sick, 2 hours is a long time to sit in class when I really NEED to be at home on the toilet. This all started 4 years ago when I got giardia (a pretty bad parasite) from Mexico. My stomach has been a wreck since. I've had 2 endoscopies (which aren't fun when you keep waking up all throughout the procedure) and about 10 other tests that finally ruled out everything except IBS. I can't eat alot of foods other than carbs, and I don't like eating out b/c if I get food poisoning or something I know I'll be sick forever- so I basically just eat at home. Well, since I'm a skinny teenager that nobody ever sees eat- everyone soon began to think I was anorexic and I was just using my stomach as an excuse for not eating. Yeah- well that is kinda upsetting when you are going through so much pain and everyone thinks it isn't there. Anyways- I was wondering if anyone can relate to that. Also- does anyone feel in their intestines that there is water, or something, jsut being pushed through. I'll jsut be sitting at home or something and it'll feel like my intestines are this hose and water is flowing through, but nothing is coming out. Also, does anyone know how to stop diarrhea before it starts, but without causing pain or constipation? Sorry I have alot of questions, but I hope some of you can help! Thanks alot!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.