Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just recently having a discussion with my dad about how frustrating my symptoms are, and he brought up the subject of when I had my appendix out (I had this surgery about 17 years ago). He told me that my appendix were normal, but they took them out anyway. Then they made an incision just below my belly button, to investigate further what was wrong with me. He said they found numerous lymph nodes in that area, and they flushed them out before stitching me back up. The doctor explained to him that it was nothing serious, but it was very bizarre that I would have lymph nodes in that area of my body, they never did figure out what happened to me. I was just curious if this has happened to anyone or if they have any knowledge about this? I am just wondering if it is perhaps the cause of my ibs. Could these lymph nodes return, would they have an affect on my digestive system? When I was little I suffered from constipation, and now at the age of 22, my main symptoms are incomplete evacuation and lots of gas an bloating. If anyone can be of any help I would greatly appreciate it!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.