Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bout with IBS-D, soon afterward I experience a 24-36 hour feeling of nauseousness (with an overall upset stomach feeling) as well as mild body aches. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I ache like nothing else after an attack. I do get a little nauseaus but the body aches feel like they might just make me keel over. Not fun. Wet heat like a hot water bottle wrapped in a damp towel or a hot bath or shower are wonderful and if you add lavender to the bath it's really nice and relaxing too! Hope this helps and good luck.Oh for the nausea, just stick to plain bread and pasta for a day or so and eat small amounts often and it should help a little bit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sometimes, like last night, i get very nauseous during an attack. Yesterday, I decided since I was craving the stuff I like to eat, I had eggs & toast, then a dill pickle, then some lactose free bryers with raspberries thrown in. Yum. All within about 5 hours. Then about 2 more ours later, tremendous pain (which I'm not used to with D) and I just had to sit there and wait for my entire intestines to empty out. Not fun. And I was hot, throwing clothing off, trying to do something with my hair that was hanging there making me even hotter. All the while holding the trashcan & sitting on the bowl. These attacks I at night in my own house happen very infrequently, and they are almost a welcome change, I hate to say it, because I really do feel sick. Like I don't have the stupid spur of the moment D that tries to run my whole life. I took off sick today from work just so I could have a nice day after last night. Haven't called in sick in about a year, feels nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My gosh! Eggs, pickles and then ice-cream? No wonder you got so sick. I think I would be in the hospital for weeks if I ever attempted that. You are brave. My stomach can barely handle one piece of wheat bread.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yes it takes me about 24 hours to feel better after a day full of D. Like when ya have the flu.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Me too, I felt better staying home. Yeah that does sound like an icky menu of food. I think the ice cream with fresh raspberries did me in. I'm now wondering if I'm wheat sensitive, so I've been eating white again & wanting a breadmaker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.