Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GP diagnosed me with IBS 4 years ago from symptoms alone. Since April this year I have been suffering really badly with the problems I had before like D, heartburn, cramping and symptoms I never had before. I am in the process of having all the tests done and am having a Colonoscopy on Thursday.The reason why I am posting is because of my new symptoms, I vomiting often and have lost 14lbs since April. I am also dizzy and have noticed bruises from nowhere all over my body.I am really worried, I feel shocking. I know that there are many symptoms of IBS but wondered if these most recent ones are common?Could anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The recent new symptoms are not really that typical of IBS, so it is a good thing you are getting them checked out.It is easy when someone has a chronic condition to just assume all new symptoms are that same disease. Always better to get things checked out. With the vomiting you should have the upper GI evalutate (is that in all the tests? and endoscopy? or other upper GI tests) and standard blood work about the bruising (which is probably in the all the tests statement?)Hope you feel better soon.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts