Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on Zelnorm for almost a month. It worked great for the first few weeks- i had a normal BM every day. Then a week ago- it stopped working! After 3 days of no BM i asked my Dr what to do and she said to take Miralax. Well, Miralax takes 3 days to work for me so i ended up going 6 days without a complete BM- i was so bloated and my abdomen was grossly distended!
I spoke to the doctor again this morning and she said to take both the miralax and the zelnorm everyday.
Has anyone done this? How long were you on both?
Is it just a matter of my playing with it to figure out if i need the miralax every day or every other day, etc.?
Is it possible that i have built a resistance to the Zelnorm? Will the Miralax stop working after a month too? Are either addictive? Thank you so much for your time! I appreciate your help, advice and support more than i can say.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I began Zelnorm in December and it worked fantastic for the first couple of months, then it wasn't working like it use to. Anyways, my stomach is pretty good again right now. I take one Zelnorm at night with a product that I heard about on this site. It is called Digestive Advantage IBS (chewable tablet). I ordered it off of drugstore.com. It also helped me use the restroom. Unfortunately, I think I am immuned to that now. Now, I take one stool softener at night about 3 or 4 times/week. My stomach is decent, but my bowel movements are sparce. I go about 2 to 3 times/week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.