Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS-C and I was wondering if in time, it can randomly turn into IBS-D. Or you just have IBS-C and it will just come and go.ThanksADRIA

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi Adria, Many people with ibs get alternating c and d. I myself am predominantly c with cramping, but also get bouts of crampy d. This couldbe the worst for of ibs, because it's hard to know what foods to eat. Since foods that help c can cause d and vice-versa. I tend to try to get both soluable and insoluable fiber throughout the day. If I don't get enough fiber during a meal, I will take a Fiber Choice chew, to help balence. This plan has worked pretty well so far, knock on wood. Take care and good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Adria:I had IBS-C my whole life. I just didn't know it because not going was normal for me. Just before the IBS-D, I had about a month of being normal. I couldn't believe that I actually had a BM every morning like normal people. Then the IBS-D hit! Just out of the blue, I almost didn't make it to the bathroom one day, and after that, you don't trust yourself. Then came the cramping with gas and bloating. I went through hell before I was diagnosed and started my meds. That was over 4 years ago, and I have worked out a medication schedule that works for me. So yes, you can go from IBS-C to IBS-D and I'm living proof.....

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
In the 6 years of having IBS, I've been alternating D/C, D-type (with no C whatsoever) and now a C-type. Each time my symptoms changed, I went to my doc just to make sure nothing else was going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.