Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For a year now i have been going to the OBGYN and NOW the Digestive doctor to try and figure out what this pressure, strange twinge I have in my lower right abdomen. for the longest time I was going to the OBGYN trying to figure out if I had ovary problems. The sensations really reacts with ovulation. Since I have also had other symtoms (especially here recently) like nausea, constipation, feeling of cramps and twinges in others parts of the abdomen, they are seeing if myabe I have IBS. My main question is, can IBS have one spot where it is worse or has the most symtoms? again this isnt so much pain as it is a strange discomfort, pressure. It feels like I wish I could poke a hole right in that area and take out or release whatever is in there building up. It is NOT tender to the touch. It does however seem to radiate up my side towards my back at times. I have had scan and ultrasounds that show nothing (though the CT scan was over a year ago). it does come and go and as I said seems to react with my menstrual cycle. More recently I have struggled now with upper stomach pain. it only happens once or twice a week. The Digestive doctor I just saw last week is having me take Bentyl for a month to see if that makes it go away. I just started it Sunday and missed a pill yesterday. So far I dont really see a difference. I dont know if it has to take time or what. Today this medicine made me feel REALLY strange for like a 1/2 hour after lunch. I dont know if I can handle this medicine plus I already struggle with constipation and I read this med can cause constipation. Any feedback on my symtoms would be appreciated.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Recently I've begun having an odd sensation in my right abdomen ( several inches below the navel and a few inches to the right)that sounds similar to what LKM07 is describing. It's not painful, but it feels as though a mouse is inside and is turning around. Very strange. I was ignoring it, thinking it might be gas-related, but it's becoming more frequent. Recently, a friend of mine had surgery for uterine cancer and before the surgery she kept saying it often felt as though something was moving around in her lower abdomen. That has me kind of concerned that maybe I have something more serious. My uterus is gone (since I was 41 years old), but I still have my ovaries. I'm now 68.I had a colonoscopy three years ago and they told me I now have a redundant colon (extra loop of intestine that is twisty). I don't know whether that could be part of the problem because I don't know where the redundant loop is. The doctor also found two of the kind of polyps that can become cancerous (although lab tests said they were benign when removed); so now I need a colonoscopy every three years. I'm due for one next month. (not looking forward to that since the redundant colon means I need a thorough prep and the procedure takes longer. (I also have a heart arrhythmia now, and am concerned whether that will complicate things.) I haven't had any visible bleeding or anything, but having IBS means I never really have had "normal" bowel movements all the time. I know it does no good to worry, yet I do. So, like LKM07, I'd also like to know whether gas or IBS can cause this kind of odd abdominal sensation.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yes that kind of sensation can happen with IBS. Like Kathleen said all manner of sensations and degrees of pain can be expected with IBS. But if you are concerned... please discuss it with your Dr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.